The style stakes were high at Limerick Racecourse on Thursday 28th December last, as ladies gathered at Limerick Racecourse for the Sunway Holidays Most Stylish Ladies competition.
Hannah Crosse from Kilfeacle, Co. Tipperary walked away with a holiday for two people to the Algarve including flights, 7 nights in 3* accommodation, transfers, 20g baggage per person and the services of a Sunway representative.
Hannah, a Retail Manager wowed in a black shimmer Perseverance dress from Gallery 9 in Naas, Co. Kildare. Her hat was from The Dress House in Newry, Co. Down and her look was accessorized with a fur from Reiss and shoes by LK Bennett.
Stacey O’Leary, a Home Economics teacher from Killarney, Co. Kerry came second, winning a luxury overnight stay for two people in a Junior Suite in The Savoy Hotel Limerick to include dinner and a bottle of Veuve Cliquot Champagne. Stacey wore a red and gold brocade dress by Tina Griffin complete with red headpiece by Carol Kenneally. Her shoes were by Whos for Shoes in Killarney and fur bag by Annburys in Tralee.
Mary O’ Halloran from Dublin came third, winning a €200 voucher for online accessory store Fab Fillies. Mary wore a purple dress suit by Marion Murphy Cooney complete with matching headpiece by Carol Kenneally and accesories by Stella & Dot.
Ten finalists each received a €50 voucher for stylish Phoenix V Boutique. The ten finalists included Tríona Crosse, Limerick, Tasha O’Connor, Templeglantine, Co. Limerick, Niamh Kenny, Listowel, Gretta Peters, Tipperary, Aisling Connolly from Kilkenny, Mamie Hayes from Limerick and Sarah Donworth, Hospital, Co. Limerick.
All ladies who registered for the Sunway Holidays Most Stylish Ladies competition enjoyed a mulled wine reception and had their image taken by the Ladies Day team.
Judge Helen Murphy of popular blog Daily Diva Diary said “There was fantastic fashion at Limerick Racecourse today with beautiful weather appropriate looks and style. There was a huge amount of Irish design in the top ten, both milliners and designers and it is great to see the fashion industry thriving. It was very hard to pick a winner, but Hannah shone with her natural elegance and effortless style”
View a selection of photos from the day here >>
• First prize – A holiday to the Algarve for two people sponsored by Sunway – The REAL Package Holiday Company
• Second Prize – A luxury overnight stay in the 5 Star Savoy Hotel, located in the heart of Limerick city.
• Third Prize – €200 voucher for online accessory store Fab Fillies
• Each of the ten finalists will receive a €50 voucher for Phoenix V Boutique
• Racing continues at Limerick on Friday 29th December with Family Fun Day. The Christmas racing festival is an annual highlight on the social and racing calendar attracting a large audience of over 40,000 patrons over the 4 day festival.